Protest and Appeal Procedures
Your most important right as a property owner is your right to protest to the appraisal review board (ARB). You may protest if you disagree with the appraisal district value or any of the appraisal district’s actions concerning your property.
We welcome you to visit the Comptroller’s website for detailed information on protests here.
You may use this form to protest: 2020 Notice of Protest (Form Fillable)
If you are planning to submit an affidavit with evidence, for 2020 with the COVID-19 safety measures everyone is seeking to observe, you may submit an Unsworn Declaration instead with your evidence. Unsworn Declaration Form Fillable
Please review the Ellis Appraisal Review Board Hearing Procedures to help you prepare for your hearing (To be posted)
- Curious about why your land value went up so much?
- Gov. Gregg Abbott – wfaa.com Q & A on Tax Rates and Valuation
- Want to know about Frozen Taxes and How Caps Work? Click here
- Updated Property Tax Info Press Release – including COVID Changes
- Rendition Deadline Extended to May 15. Click to read more.