Protest and Appeal Procedures
Your most important right as a property owner is your right to protest to the appraisal review board (ARB). You may protest if you disagree with the appraisal district value or any of the appraisal district’s actions concerning your property.
We welcome you to visit the Comptroller’s website for detailed information on protests here.
You may use this form to protest:2018 Notice of Protest Form (form fillable)
Please review the Ellis Appraisal Review Board Hearing Procedures to help you prepare for your hearing:
- Updated Property Tax Info Press Release – including COVID Changes
- Rendition Deadline Extended to May 15. Click to read more.
- EAD Closure Dates for 2020
- Appraisal Review Board to Approve Appraisal Records July 18, 2019
- 2019 Notice of Appraised Values, Property Taxpayer Remedies & Notice of Protest Form